Objective of Courses
- The objective of this course development is to increase awareness and provide training to nurses in mental health.
- This program will focus on both theoretical and practical capacity building of health care providers on mental Health.
- Contribute to building a trained professional workforce to improve health care of community.
This program will prepare students as a confident and knowledgeable mental health professional. It will provide theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Students will learn skills on working in partnership with people to enable them to identify strategies for coping and overcoming their illness. Students will learn about promoting health, preventing illness and delivering high quality holistic care. Caring for people with mental illness can be one of the most intense but rewarding role within the health care systems.
An Introduction to mental health: Assessment, Diagnosis and Management – 13 week training program
Pakistan Institute of Living and Learning (PILL) has started a project of Nurses to give awareness about “Psycho social Interventions”. The aim of this project is to prepare the Nurses Staff to face the problems and also deal with the patients. Nurses are in a unique position to monitor patients and their psycho social care. However there remains a barrier to exploring some of these facets of care. Nurses need to be more inclusive of patient’s optimism and hope when assessing psycho social care and quality of life as these subjects can be the least explored by staff with their patients.
We introduce thirteen week “psycho social intervention Course” in which we cover different areas such as
- Introduction to mental health
- Its significance
- Status in Pakistan
- Self-harm and suicide
- Medically unexplained areas
- At Risk Mental State
- Family Intervention
- Child and mother Health: Learning through Play
- Effectiveness of interpersonal communication skills
In Pakistan this is the first intervention course of its kind.
Nurses Trained So Far …..
- Sir Gangaram Hospital, Lahore – 174 Nurses
- Dow University (Ojha campus) – 25 Nurses
- Pakistan Institute of Mental Health (PIMH) – 20 Nurses
Certificate Courses leading to Degree Programs,
COMING SOON !
- Two Year degree program on Mental Health for Social Sciences Students
- Six Month Certificate program on adolescents mental health
- Six Month Certificate program on child mental health
- One Year Diploma on Forensic mental health
- Six Month Certificate on Substance use Disorder
- Six Month Certificate Program on English Language Course
- Three Month Certificate on Health Economics
Prof. Nasim Chaudhry is highly acknowledged and respected senior Consultant Psychiatrist at Greater Manchester West Mental Health Trust, Having worked in the UK for over 20 years. Prof. Nasim Chaudhry holds an Honorary Professor post at the University of Manchester, one of Europe’s largest center for research and postgraduate education in psychiatry, psychology.