Centre of Health Economics Research
Centre of Health Economics Research was established in spring 2017 under the umbrella of Pakistan Institute of Living and Learning. The department is providing high-quality research and teaching with the help of internationally renowned faculties in the field of Health Economics & Statistics. The center of Health Economics Research has taken pioneer step to overcome problems arise about health and financial aspect of selection of best treatment. Department is aimed to produce health Economist that would be involved in setting out the priorities for allocation resource, making policies and criteria for successful interventions, offering choices to public health decision makers.
The department is providing helping hand to local researchers in the relevant field and provides better understanding about scarcity of resources in Pakistan and availing opportunities to overcome health related issues with limited resources.
The Primary Goals include:
- To understand the nature and implications of health Economics.
- To evaluate Risks and challenges those come across in economic development of healthcare sector.
- To provide the financial ease to people in choosing best alternative in terms of healthcare solutions.
- To declare the innovation policies of Health Economics for the global and digital age.
The Core Functions include:
- Offering series of courses in disciplines of Health Economics and Data Management and Analysis of Healthcare Sector.
- Fundamentals of Health Economics Course
- Series of Health Data Analysis Workshops through SPSS
- Dissemination of Health Economics awareness through articles and publications.
- Neonates and Child Mortality
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis
- Systematic Reviews on quality of Life in Pakistan
- Cost of Depression
Some Glimpses of Spreading Awareness and Lectures of Health Economics & Healthcare Data Analysis Sessions